About Mt Hay Retreat
Unique, private and ultra exclusive, Mt Hay Retreat is a boutique escape that is quite simply second to none. With only 5 individual suites in total, each is filled with natural light and has been designed as your own private escape.
Dominated by breathtaking views and offering a secluded and peaceful sanctuary well away from the cares and complexities of contemporary life, it is still only minutes from the heart of world famous Berry Village.
Serenely set on 360 acres against the majestic backdrop of Broughton Head, this magnificent property is a working farm embraced by native bushland and lush green pastures.
With views that stretch uninterrupted across the rolling hills of the South Coast and beyond to the distant ocean horizon, Mt Hay Retreat is a lifestyle destination of rare distinction.
Want to know more about Mt Hay Retreat?Here are a few articles….
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017 and 2018
- SeeTasteDo – Things to See, Taste and Do at Mt Hay Retreat.
- Travel and Beyond – Unwrapping the Shoalhaven
- The Conscious Consumer – Berry: Getaway from the city and back to nature.
- Fluri – Escape the City at Mt Hay Retreat
- Little Grey Box – Travel Awards 2016
- Bupa Life Insurance’s article ‘Relaxing Weekend Getaways in Australia‘.
- Little Grey Box: My Unforgettable Escape to Mt Hay Retreat
- Style Magazine Article: Best Baths with a View
- You The World Wandering
- You The World Wandering Video
- Little Grey Box” 12 Really Great Things to Do In Berry
- The Contented Traveller
- We have also won Silver in the South Coast Tourism Awards 2016 in the New Tourism Product category.
Please note that Mt Hay Retreat is strictly no smoking and that due to the nature of the property we are unable to welcome children as guests.
Set against the dramatic backdrop of Broughton Head, Mt Hay lies in a protected escarpment area so nature and wildlife are a part of everyday life.
At Mt Hay we have a simple ethos – to look after Mt Hay for future generations by allowing others to enjoy this distinctive and extraordinary place.
Native wildlife that can be seen on the farm include wombats, protected Brush Tailed Rock Wallabies, Echidnas, Lyre birds, Kookaburras, Wedge Tailed Eagles, Black Cockatoos and many, many more, including our very own herd of cows.
As a working farm, we understand the impact of humans on the environment and we are committed to sustainable and responsible habits and behaviours at all times.
Wherever possible we try to minimise the impact we have on nature. Along with recycling and minimal energy consumption, we are constantly working to reduce our use of any chemicals and substances that are harmful to the environment
We welcome any thoughts you may have on how we can improve the impact we have on this special environment. We hope that this natural escape will allow all our guests to relax, refresh and enjoy their stay.Make a Booking